Estimated Reading Time: 5 minutes
In honor of National Vodka Day, which lands on October 4th, we have put together our top four vodka cocktails. Whether you are looking for something classic or something a little more adventurous, we have got you covered! And to make things even easier, we have also included our top three vodka recommendations. So gather your supplies and let's get started!
This History of Vodka
Vodka has a long and storied history. Though its exact origins are unclear, it is believed to have first been distilled in the 8th or 9th century. By the 13th or 14th century, vodka had become a staple of Russian life, and was used as a currency.
Over time, vodka became an important part of Russian culture, and many traditional songs and stories revolve around the drink. In the 19th century, vodka began to spread to other parts of Europe and America.
Today, it is one of the most popular alcoholic beverages in the world. Thanks to its smooth flavor and versatility, vodka can be enjoyed in a wide variety of drinks, from martinis to Moscow Mules.
Whether you prefer your vodka neat or mixed, there’s no doubt that this delicious spirit will continue to be a favorite for years to come.
The Origin of National Vodka Day
2009 was a big year for vodka lovers. It was the year that National Vodka Day was created. This fun holiday is celebrated on October 4th, and it’s a day for people to come together and enjoy their favorite vodka-based drinks. So whether you’re a passionate vodka lover or just looking for an excuse to indulge, make sure to celebrate National Vodka Day on October 4th.
How To Make The Moscow Mule Recipe
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 4 oz Ginger Beer
Mule / Copper Mug
- In a mixing glass with ice, add Vodka, Lime Juice, and Ginger Beer.
- Stir well, strain into a Mule/ Copper Mug with fresh ice, and serve.
How To Make The Bloody Mary Recipe
- 2 oz Vodka
- 4 oz Tomato Juice
- 0.5 oz Lime Juice
- 2 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco Sauce
Ground Black Pepper
- In a mixing glass filled with ice, pour in Vodka, Tomato Juice, Lime Juice, Worcestershire Sauce, and Tabasco Sauce.
- Stir well and strain into an ice filled Collins Glass rimmed with Celery Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
- Garnish with a Celery Stick and serve.
How To Make The Cosmopolitan Recipe
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 0.5 oz Lime Juice
- 0.25 oz Cranberry Juice
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add Vodka, Triple Sec, Lime Juice, and Cranberry Juice.
- Stir or shake well and strain into a Cocktail Glass.
- Garnish with a Lime Wheel and serve.
Sex On The Beach
How To Make The Sex On The Beach Recipe
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Peach Flavored Schnapps
- 2 oz Orange Juice
- 2 oz Cranberry Juice
- In a mixing glass with ice, pour in Vodka, Peach Flavored Schnapps, Orange Juice, and Cranberry Juice.
- Stir well, strain into a Tiki Glass, and serve.
Tips On How To Make The Best Vodka Cocktails
- Use fresh lime juice or fresh lemon juice to make your cocktail more tart and use simple syrup to sweeten your drink.
- Serve with sphere or cubed ice to enhance your drink look.
- Try garnishing with orange zest, a lemon wheel, a cinnamon stick, or a lemon twist.
- Grab your favorite old fashioned glass, rocks glass, chilled coupe glass, and or chilled martini glass to change up your cocktail presentation.
- Double strain your cocktail, use fresh ice, a chilled glass, and a garnish to craft the best tasting and looking drink.
Three Recommended Vodka Brands
We have curated three of our favorite Vodka brands to help craft the best vodka cocktail recipes.
If you're looking for a smooth, high-quality vodka, Grey Goose vodka is a great option. It's made from French wheat and distilled five times, resulting in a clean, crisp flavor.
Tito's is another excellent choice if you're seeking a top-notch vodka. It's distilled six times and made from corn, giving it a slightly sweet taste.
Absolut is another good option for those who want a high-quality vodka. It's made from Swedish winter wheat and distilled an impressive 10 times.
Whether you prefer a smooth or slightly sweet vodka, one of these three brands is sure to please your palate.
What To Pair With National Vodka Day Cocktails
What should you serve with your vodka drinks? Here are some ideas to get you started.
If you're serving savory vodka cocktails, why not pair them with some olives or seafood? The briny flavor of the olives will complement the smoothness of the vodka, while the richness of the seafood will balance out the drink's acidity.
For a fruity cocktail like a cosmopolitan, consider serving it with some fresh fruit or sushi. The sweetness of the fruit will contrast nicely with the tartness of the drink, while the sushi will provide a refreshingly light bite.
If you're feeling adventurous, you could even try pairing your vodka cocktail with some spicy food. The heat from the food will bring out the flavor of the vodka, and the cooling effect of the drink will help to counteract the spiciness.
Celebrate National Vodka Day with our four vodka cocktails! Switch up your vodka soda with our Moscow Mule, Bloody Mary, Cosmopolitan, and or Sex On The Beach cocktails! Whether it is National Vodka Day or any ordinary day these cocktails are sure to hit the spot!