Estimated Reading Time: 8 minutes
Whether you're a soccer fan or not, there's no denying that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar is going to be one seriously impressive sporting event. This year's World Cup is sure to be an exciting event, with some of the best teams in the world competing for the title. Some of the top teams this year include Brazil, Argentina, Belgium, France and England. Lucky for us, it seems like people have taken inspiration from the tournament itself and created some truly awesome cocktails from different places' national drink! We decided to throw our own spin in the mix and come up with drinks inspired by 5 of your favorite teams!
History of the World Cup
The World Cup is a prestigious international soccer tournament that has been around since 1930. It is held every four years and features the best teams from all over the world. This year's cup is taking place in Qatar, which is making history as the first Middle Eastern country to host the event. The World Cup is a huge deal, and it's sure to be an amazing spectacle. Whether you're a soccer fan or not, there's no denying that this year's World Cup is going to be one seriously impressive sporting event!
To get you in the spirit of things, we've created a list of cocktails inspired by some of your favorite teams. Whether you're rooting for Brazil, Argentina, Belgium, France, or England, there's a cocktail here to suit your taste. So without further ado, here are the top 5 drinks to get you ready for this year's World Cup! Cheers!
World Cup Cocktails
To get you in the spirit of things, we've put together a list of cocktails inspired by some of your favorite teams. Whether you support Brazil, Argentina, Belgium, France, or England, there's a cocktail here to suit your taste. So without further ado, here are the top 5 drinks to get you ready for this year's World Cup! Cheers!
Brazil: The Batida Rosa
If you're a fan of Brazil, then you know that they take their soccer seriously. The Batida Rosa is the perfect cocktail to get you in the spirit of things as you cheer on your favorite team! This drink is refreshing from the lemon and sweet from the pineapple, but not too sugary - exactly what you need when watching an intense game. Plus, it's super easy to make.
How to Make The Batida Rosa Cocktail
- 2 oz Cachaça
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- 0.5 oz Lemon Juice
- 0.5 oz Grenadine Syrup
- 1 oz Club Soda
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add in Cachaça, Pineapple Juice, Lemon Juice, Grenadine Syrup and Club Soda.
- Shake well and fill glass with ice. Strain into the Rocks Glass, garnish with an Orange Peel and serve.
Belgium: The Black Russian
If you're a fan of Belgium, then you know that there are some very legendary soccer players on your team. The Black Russian is the perfect cocktail for any Belgian fan, as it's elegant and sophisticated but still packs a punch! Plus, it only takes two ingredients.
How to Make The Black Russian Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 0.75 oz Coffee Flavored Liqueur
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add in Vodka and Coffee Liqueur.
- Shake well and fill glass with ice. Strain into the Cocktail Glass and serve.
Argentina: The Negroni
Argentina is famous for having some of the best soccer players in the world, and they're also known for their strong cocktails. If you love Argentina, then you'll definitely enjoy this Negroni, which is flavorful and complex but also easy to make.
How to Make The Negroni Cocktail
- 1 oz Gin
- 1 oz Apéritif Liqueur
- 1 oz Sweet Vermouth
Lime Wheel, Cranberry, Sprig of Fresh Rosemary
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add in Gin, Apéritif Liqueur, and Sweet Vermouth.
- Shake well and fill glass with ice. Strain into the Rocks Glass and serve.
France: The French 75
If you love France's soccer team, then you'll love their cocktail counterpart as well! The French 75 is a fun and unique cocktail that is refreshing with lemon and tastes amazing. Plus, it's really simple to make - just four ingredients and one glass.
How to Make The French 75 Cocktail
- 1 oz Gin
- 3 oz Champagne
- 0.5 oz Lemon Juice
- 0.5 oz Simple Syrup
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add in Gin, Champagne, Lemon Juice and Simple Syrup.
- Shake well and strain into an ice filled Cocktail Glass and serve.
England: The Gimlet
England is home to some of the best soccer players in the world, so it makes sense that their cocktail would be just as impressive. The Gimlet is a delicious cocktail that feels like it was made for royalty - and with good reason! It's refreshing, fruity, and super simple to make.
How to Make The Gimlet Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Gin
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 0.75 oz Simple Syrup
Cracked Black Pepper, Lemon Grass Stick
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add in Gin, Fresh Lime Juice, and Simple Syrup.
- Shake well and strain into a Martini Glass and garnish with Cracked Black Pepper and a Lemon Grass Stick. Serve.
What to Pair With Your World Cup Cocktails
When you're drinking one of these delicious World Cup cocktails, you'll want to make sure that you have the perfect food to pair it with. Here are some of the best options:
For the Negroni, try pairing it with some Italian food - like pasta or pizza.
For the French 75, try serving it with some light and refreshing seafood - like shrimp or salmon.
For the Black Russian, enjoy it with some hearty and filling food - like steak or roast beef.
And finally, for the Gimlet, go for something classic and British - like fish and chips or banger and mash.
Three Ways to Elevate Your World Cup Watch Party
There are a few things you can do to make your World Cup watch party even better. Here are three of our favorites:
1. Serve international food - One of the best things about the World Cup is that it celebrates different cultures from all over the world. So why not bring some of that flavor to your watch party? Serve food from countries that are playing in the World Cup, or try recipes from different parts of the world. You can even set up a mini-buffet table with different foods from all over the world.
2. Play games - Another great way to elevate your watch party is by playing games. This can be anything from trivia games to betting on the matches. Games will add excitement and fun to your party, and they'll keep your guests entertained for hours on end.
3. Set up a drinks bar - If you want to really elevate your watch party, set up a drinks bar! This will give your guests more options when it comes to cocktails, and it will also add a bit of sophistication to your event. You can set up the bar yourself, or you can ask a friend or family member to help out. Make sure to put out the Barsys Coaster + Mixer combo for guests to choose from over 2000 cocktails and handcraft delicious drinks in seconds.
Whether you're a soccer fan or not, we've got the perfect drink for you to enjoy as you partake in this year's World Cup. We've put together a list of cocktails inspired by some of your favorite teams, so no matter who you support, there's sure to be something here for you. Make sure to tag us and let us know your favorite World Cup Cocktail! Cheers!