Estimated Reading Time: 5 minutes
Move over pumpkin spice, it's time to get your caramel on! These three cocktails are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. Whether you're in the mood for a sweet or creamy cocktail we've got you covered. And don't worry, we won't leave you hanging - we'll include a recipe for the perfect caramel sauce in this blog post. So what are you waiting for? Let's get started!
This History of Caramel
The history of caramel dates back hundreds of years to 1,000 AD, when people in the Arabic Nation first learned how to heat up sugar and water to produce a sweet and sticky substance. Over time, this process was refined and improved upon until it became the art of making caramel that we know today. In many ways, the history of caramel is a story of innovation through experimentation.
Caramel is one of those wonderful food products that can be made in a wide variety of ways, from smooth and creamy caramels to hard-crack caramels full of crunchy bits of candy. No matter how it's made or what form it takes, though, caramel has always been one of the most beloved treats in the world. And with good reason - there's simply nothing quite like its warm sweetness on the tongue or its rich flavor in every bite!
So whether you love soft and chewy caramel plucked straight out of an old-fashioned box of chocolates or you can't get enough gooey goodness drizzled over homemade ice cream, one thing is clear: you owe it all to the history and artistry that went into making this amazing food product. Caramel truly is one sweet treat with a long and delicious legacy!
Ristretto Old Fashioned
How To Make The Ristretto Old Fashioned Recipe
- 1.25 oz Patrón Anejo Tequila
- 0.25 oz Maple Syrup
- 0.25 oz Salted Caramel Concentrate
- In a mixing glass with ice, pour Patrón Anejo Tequila, Maple Syrup, and Salted Caramel Concentrate.
- Stir well, strain into a Rocks glass, and serve.
Candy Apple Martini
How To Make The Candy Apple Martini Recipe
- 1 oz Apple Liqueur
- 2 oz Salted Caramel White Corn Whiskey
- 0.5 oz Cranberry Juice
- 2.5 oz Sparkling Cider
Cocktail or Martini
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add Apple Liqueur, Salted Caramel White Corn Whiskey, and Cranberry Juice.
- Shake or stir well and strain into a Cocktail or Martini glass.
- Top with Sparkling Cider and stir gently.
- Garnish with an Apple Wheel and Salt rim and serve.
Iced Caramel Coffee
How To Make The Iced Caramel Coffee Recipe
- 2 oz Caramel Flavored Vodka
- 2 oz Coffee
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add Caramel Flavored Vodka and Coffee.
- Stir or shake well and strain into a Rocks glass
- Garnish with a Caramel Sauce drizzle and serve.
Tips On How To Make The Best Caramel Cocktails
- Add an ice cream topping, whipped cream, and or Irish cream to make your cocktail creamier.
- Drizzle caramel sauce or salted caramel sauce on top of your cocktail.
- For the Candy Apple Martini switch out sparkling cider for apple cider to create a smoother taste.
- Change up your drink presentation by serving in a martini glass, highball, and or collins glass.
- Add Irish whiskey, brandy, or vodka for an extra boozy flavor.
How To Make The Perfect Homemade Caramel Sauce
There are various recipes for caramel sauce, here is Barsys' take on the best homemade caramel sauce! Ratios of ingredients vary so it is best to test out which sugar, butter, heavy cream, and vanilla recipe works best for your taste preferences.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 Heavy Cream
- 4-6 tablespoons Butter
- 1 dash Vanilla
Making the perfect caramel syrup starts with understanding the fundamentals of caramelization. First, you must choose a good-quality sugar that will readily dissolve in the liquid of your choice - water, milk, or cream - and heat it to high temperatures without burning.
Once your sugar has melted and has begun to brown, you can slowly stir in some butter and vanilla extract to add extra flavor and richness. As you continue to stir, be careful not to let the mixture burn or boil over; this can create a sticky mess that is difficult to clean up.
Once the homemade caramel sauce is finished cooking, it's ready to serve as is, or you can use it in cocktails, pour it over ice cream, cakes, or other desserts for an extra dose of sweetness.
To make things even more delicious, try adding different spices and extracts like cinnamon or almond oil for a truly unique syrupy treat! So if you're looking for a way to spice up your next dessert creation, why not give making caramel syrup a try? It may just become your new favorite kitchen activity!
Tip: To create salted caramel sauce just add some salt to taste!
Caramel is one of those flavors that never fails to delight the senses. Whether it's oozing from a gooey chocolate bar or swirled through a steaming cup of coffee, caramel is always a treat. And now there's a new way to indulge in this delicious flavor: caramel cocktails! This sweet drink combines rich caramel with your choice of spirit for an indulgent and refreshing beverage.
Whether you prefer something light, like vodka, or something darker, like whiskey, you're sure to love these trendy drinks. So the next time you're in the mood for something sweet and boozy, craft up a decadent caramel cocktail!